Systems Engineer – New Product Development
The primary responsibility of the Systems Engineer is to be the systems engineering lead for New Product Development projects. In that role you will lead a team of cross-functional product development engineers and architecture development, and system integration activities that span electrical, firmware, software, and mechanical design components. In early phases of new projects, you will work with Marketing, Product Management, Sales, and end customers to properly scope requirements to define initial design concepts with appropriate cross-functional team members. Later phases of programs focus on the integration, verification, and validation of the final product. Throughout, the Systems Engineer is responsible for coordinating technical execution to ensure the various aspects of the design are properly implemented for successful product launch.
Communication protocols, cloud platform, and other system and software based interfaces are within the scope of this position. Additionally, strategy and architecture decisions relating to server and mobile operating systems, applications, embedded systems and products, networking, security, encryption, and data management is in scope.
The candidate for this position must possess a good working knowledge of embedded electro-mechanical hardware and firmware products to enable informed connected system trade-off decisions. The candidate must also have the capability to work across geographical boundaries to understand specific regional product and governmental requirements
The ideal candidate should have an understanding of high quality, Web applications and Web services using the latest technologies.
Drive high standards and a “security and privacy by design” mindset across Allegion’s software development life cycle (SDLC) as well as adoption and ensure governance of Allegion’s cloud security standards.
- Define product design requirements and specifications to meet Marketing Requirements
- Develop and analyze design concepts
- Design components and systems
- Lead integration of subsystems to meet product design requirements
- Ensure designs meet product requirements (functional, cost, quality, reliability, etc.) and that requirement risks are evaluated and mitigated early in the process. Validate design and set up quality control for stable production
- Coordinate development of engineering development timelines and track development activities to meet delivery and cost commitments
- Define design trade-offs as necessary to ensure the highest level of product performance and quality
- Develop required design documentation, including functional block diagrams, DFMEAs, drawings and instructions for manufacturing and product test requirements
- Develop appropriate documentation required to support product certifications, including FCC, UL, CE, and others as required by market applications
- Lead problem-solving activities as necessary for production products or new product development utilizing appropriate tools
- Be the technical contact for key customers and OEM partners as new products are introduced into the marketplace.
- Provide clear communications to technical team members as well as to other leaders and managers
- Provides coaching and professional development to team-member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills
- Sustaining activities for Electronic projects
- Quality of current products and solutions, along with associated SLA’s
- Set the vision and strategy for an integrated security architecture that leverages proven and emerging security capabilities.
- Participate in the resolution of security related defects and incident response involving our product install base.
- Keep up with the latest security threats, attack vectors, cloud computing technologies, and associated security controls to ensure security ecosystem is well-architected to address key risks.
- Work closely with our mechanical engineering team and design team to create innovative new bicycle parts that truly advance people's ride.
- Analysis as needed of new design especially the performance and function of the component within the complete system. Complete system design, testing and approval will be a big part of your job.
- Create test plans for all products and be responsible for making sure all products are completely tested
- Work with factories, manufacturing & quality engineers to get your products ready for production.
Required/Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in electronic and/or firmware/software analysis and development – prefer both
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Electronic , Computer Science or Software Engineering with at least 3 years experience
- Demonstrated experience in architectural, scalable and reusable design at the system and software levels, cloud based applications, encryption, mobile application development along with wireless and wired communications.
- Demonstrated experience working in a complex product engineering environment including specification, development, deployment and configuration processes.
- Knowledge of development of embedded electro-mechanical hardware and firmware products.
- Experience in driving ideas from concept to implementation.
- Knowledge of development of both mechanical systems and electrical hardware and firmware.
- Demonstrated experience in electro-mechanical product design from concept to production
- Must have significant experience in embedded system engineering design
- Previous experience of developing low-power wireless communications products is beneficial (WiFi, Bluetooth LE, Zigbee, etc).
- Experience with wireless communication protocols (BT, BLE, ANT+)
- Experience with system testing (e.g. CANoe
- Experience with all aspects around firmware (bootloader, programming, tools, etc. )
- Experience in writing and/or analyzing firmware in C++ and assembly
- Ability to document use cases, requirements and relevant technical documentation.
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes preferred
- Very good written and verbal English language skills a must
- Avid cyclist and bike mechanic, passion for ebikes.
- Knowledge of Bicycle and E-Bicycle engineering an advantage
- Working knowledge of delivering secure cloud architecture . Related industry certifications are preferred.
- Experience with developing and maintaining a customer facing, cloud-based, production software system using AWS and/or Microsoft Azure
- Experience working in mainstream cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Alibaba) relative to security operations and the enablement of distributed software engineering teams.
- Experience with both backend and front end development (full stack engineering)
- Solid understanding of software design patterns
- Experience with building a scalable system that interacts reliably with mobile, web and/or systems via secure web services
- IoT experience
- Experience and/or working knowledge of container technology
- Bachelor's degree (EE or CS preferred)
- Experience or understanding with node.js
- Have worked with firmware and systems engineering teams
- Mobile development experience
- Web development experience
- Applications development knowledge and experienc Experience with automotive communication protocols (CAN BUS)
Please, contact Asma Lijassi if you are interested by the role
+33** 6 80 74 88 47**
Apply for job