As a FOX Bicycle Race Suspension Technician you will travel to events and races servicing, tuning and rebuilding FOX World Cup level athletes’ suspension.
FOX Factory, Inc. – Bike Race Suspension Technician – Germany
About the Company:
In 1974, Bob Fox started racing his products in motocross and we haven't stopped racing since. For over three decades, FOX has been an industry leader in the design and development of high performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products for snowmobiles, mountain bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, off-road cars, trucks, and SUVs.
Our team of engineers perform rigorous tests with our athletes year round. FOX has equipped vehicles and racers that have stood atop podiums in every sport we have competed in — from the sands of Baja to the dunes of Dakar. The data we collect from performance testing and our application of that knowledge to our product is what separates FOX from every other suspension company.
FOX Factory, Inc., a fast-growing and dynamic company in Germany has an exciting opportunity for a Bike Race Suspension Technician.
As a FOX Bicycle Race Suspension Technician you will primarily travel to events and races servicing, tuning and rebuilding FOX World Cup level athletes suspension. Also you will facilitate new and current product tuning sessions with FOX Teams/Riders to optimize FOX performance for their bicycles
Responsibilities** include but not limited to:**
- Attends global bicycle race events tuning, repairing and rebuilding of bicycle suspension. Responsible for set up and teardown during events.
- Manages race vehicle parts inventory.
- Write technical race reports.
- Order parts, assemble shocks/forks from drawings and ship to Teams and customers. This includes understanding Fox in house processes and procedures.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve product, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Assemble, repair and dyno test suspension forks and shocks
- Provide regular test and customer feedback following each test session to the appropriate sales rep and management.
- Be well versed in new product details and presentations to note key features and benefits while in field testing.
- Work with engineering and race during new product development to ensure there is proper training to support new product testing – including capacity to assemble and tune prototypes.
- Manage parts and product inventory needs to support testing.
- Work in cooperation with race and engineering to provide in field test feedback to further improve tuning options.
- Report any field encountered via QRT.
- Consult with OEM’s engineering when appropriate to review kinematics and advise optimal combinations with FOX components.
- Bachelors Degree and five years bicycle mechanic experience.
- Experience as Bicycle mechanic with solid understanding of suspension service.
- Knowledge of full suspension tuning, set up, and bike kinematics.
- Ability to read and utilize product specifications, plans, and/or shop drawings.
- Excellent customer service skills including strong verbal and written communication ability.
- Demonstrated success in objectively identifying issues and coordinating resources to solve issues.
- Ability to self-manage time effectively to achieve defined goals.
- Ability to take initiative and use sound judgement in day-to-day decision making.
- Comfortable with significant time traveling primarily throughout North America and Europe.
- Experienced in international travel
- Experienced in working with world cup level athletes
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions in the English language.
- Suspension specific certification a plus.
- Basic engineering principles.
- Basic understanding of suspension and chassis.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for job