We are looking for a Product Developer to join the team at the Shimano owned company PRO.
As a Product Developer you are responsible for the development and engineering of cutting-edge products for the professional market. You will be joining the team at Shimano owned company PRO responsible for a fast growing brand in bicycle accessories and components.
At PRO you will work within a small team of Product Developers and product coordinators that are truly passionate about innovating and improving their offering to the professional bicycle market. Shimano’s brand PRO will give you the chance to work globally not only with our HQ in Japan but also our wide network of vendors and sales teams.
Being a Product Developer for PRO offers you the opportunity to engineer future technologies and be ahead of the trends in the cycling sector that you love.
Your tasks as a Product Developer:
- Develop product plans into concrete designs and proposals;
- Creating 2D drawings, 3D design and Artwork Logo Design;
- The sourcing of new vendors, materials & techniques etc.;
- Engineer product improvements and innovations;
- Support sales managers by presenting new products to the sales team of distributors, the market and maintain intensive contact with manufacturers to discuss product developments;
- Support on mid-long term development planning of the PRO product team.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A technical education at a Bachelor level, preferably engineering discipline;
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar position in an international environment;
- Experience with product development (Solid Works);
- Affinity with and knowledge of the bicycle market;
- Knowledge about the use of different materials like carbon and alloy;
- Excellent English language skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Basic skills on Word, Excel and Lotus Notes;
- Willing to travel within Europe and to the Far East on a regular basis.
- Some experience working in IT engineering is considered a plus.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
Alongside attractive primary and secondary working conditions Shimano offers:
- A challenging job within an international and dynamic environment;
- A highly motivated, social and dedicated team of professionals;
- Personalised study & development plans;
- Variable bonuses based on team and individual results;
- Iphone, laptop and internet subscription;
- Flexible working hours.
Shimano is a leading worldwide supplier of highly advanced bicycle components, fishing tackle and other sports equipment. Shimano Europe, based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands is the intermediate between the head quarter in Japan and the European bicycle market for marketing, sales, product development and technical service. International teamwork is important at Shimano and this becomes visible in the many different nationalities working together and sharing responsibility for the success of Shimano in Europe.
Shimano employees are dedicated, loyal and see Shimano as a good employer in a pleasant, dynamic and international working environment. Our people have fun in their work, feel fit in our teams and are especially proud to work for Shimano!
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
Please send your Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for job