We are looking for a Product Specialist to be part of the team who are at the forefront of Shimano's future technologies.
As a Product Specialist you will be part of the team who are at the forefront of Shimano’s future technologies. Our team of Product Specialists act as the eyes, ears and voice for Shimano Europe. Using your skills in market research and data analysis you will translate customer demand and market trends into the next generation of Shimano products. Therefore combining your passion for cycling and knowledge of the market to help shape the product range within City, Trekking and Urban Sports Bike category.
You will be based at Shimano Europe HQ in Eindhoven however as the representative of Shimano Europe in global product management you will be required to travel within Europe and to the Far-East.
Your tasks as a Product Specialist:
- You advise the Shimano colleagues in Japan upon the model ranges within the bike markets of City, Trekking and Urban Sports Bike category for the European market;
- Build and maintain strong relationships through regular contact with stakeholders in Japan;
- Conducting market research, sales and product analysis in order to have the best products for the market needs;
- Deliver specialist product presentations and training to your internal and external customers;
- Clear reporting of market needs and opportunities.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor degree in a technical study;
- A real passion and knowledge of the bike industry;
- 2-3 years of experience working with stakeholders in an international environment;
- Excellent English language skills; written and verbal;
- Basic skills on Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, and able to make statistical analysis;
- For this position travelling within Europe and to the Far-East on a regular basis is required;
- Knowledge or experience in the E-bike segment is considered as a pre;
- Adobe Illustrator skills are a pre;
- Business experience in or with other cultures and especially the Far-East is considered a big plus.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
Alongside attractive primary and secondary working conditions Shimano offers:
- A challenging job within an international and dynamic environment;
- A highly motivated, social and dedicated team of professionals;
- Room for study & development;
- A variable bonuses based on team and individual results;
- Flexible working hours.
Shimano is a leading worldwide supplier of highly advanced bicycle components, fishing tackle and other sports equipment. Shimano Europe, based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands is the intermediate between the headquarters in Japan and the European bicycle market for marketing, sales, product development and technical service. International teamwork is important at Shimano and this becomes visible in the many different nationalities working together and sharing responsibility for the success of Shimano in Europe.
Shimano employees are dedicated, loyal and see Shimano as a good employer in a pleasant, dynamic and international working environment. Our people have fun in their work, feel fit in our teams and are especially proud to work for Shimano!
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
Please send your c.v. and cover letter directly to email@example.com
Apply for job