Blaze is entering a new and exciting phase of growth and is seeking Sales Agents (and Lead Sales Agents) to represent the brand in EU markets. Particular focus is on our new OEM focused “Lamp” model.
EU Sales Agents (OEM and After Market)
(All European Markets)
Help us build a better world with smarter and safer urban cycling
Who are Blaze?
We are Blaze and we create innovation for urban cycling. Our flagship product, the Laserlight, is a front bike light with a laser projecting a bike symbol onto the road ahead of the rider. It enables cyclists to be seen in the notorious ‘blind spot’ and keeps them safer on the road. We started on Kickstarter and now ship to over 60 countries. More recently we have integrated our lights into Citi Bike in New York and all of the Santander Cycles in London, all of whom recognise us as the key to providing safe and smart urban cycling now, and in the future.
Blaze is a team of 12 based in Shoreditch, London. We care about each other, have our own office with our own workshop, and thrive on collaboration. We are all passionate about cities and urban cycling. Over the next year we are looking to expand our team dramatically in order to keep up with all our exciting developments.
Who are you?
Blaze is entering a new and exciting phase of growth and is seeking Sales Agents (and Lead Sales Agents) to represent the brand in new markets. Particular focus is on our new “Lamp” model with a lower price point and suitability for e-bike and Dynamo fitting (mainly OE but also After-Market):
What will you be doing at Blaze?
Our new Sales Agent will be proactive and great with people:
- Target selected new accounts to stock Blaze products
- Build a sales plan segmented by Cycle stores, e-bike stores, hire fleets, OEM brands
- Open new accounts with accurate delivery and billing information
- Site and merchandise Blaze product in optimum retail zones
- Share “best retail practice” and Blaze communications on Social Media
- Assist retailers in creating on-line listings that comply with Blaze brand guidelines
- Train shop floor staff in key USPs, brand background and sales points
- Demonstrate Blaze B2B ordering and install/bookmark with retailer
- Make retail store staff aware of Myagi training platform for on-going learning
- Conduct regular visits and/or email/phone contact to ensure regular replenishment
- Assist with timely cash collection
- Encourage staff purchase and demonstrator programme
- Engage retailers with pre-order programme
- Assist with trade and retail shows (where applicable/possible)
- Provide regular summary of contacts and prospecting activity
- Provide market feedback and insight into objection handling, range planning, competitor activity and NPD
You will gain experience with Multi Channel Sales - target Retailers, OEM bike brands and bike hire business based within your area, but we would love it if you already had some exposure with the following:
- Established Multi-Brand Sales Agent with connection to all stores within your region (Or) New Sales Agent with prior experience working as an in-house Sales Representative within the Cycle Trade (Or) Established Lead Agent with team of Sub-agents (Or) Distributor whose team may also work on Agency basis.
- Strong sales skills and good relationships across the board
- Ability to deal with stores of all types or business from small Boutique stores to Regional Multiples, Hire Centres to Bicycle Factories
- Good IT skills across a variety of platforms to support B2B training, electronic sales, EPOS, Training and Social Media
- Organised and reliable with monthly reporting and day-to-day contact
- Keen cyclist, ideally some experience of e-bike usage too
We aim to be the global urban cycling brand renowned for leadership in innovation, technology as well as design, and we would love you to help take us there. If you are looking for a role that will challenge you, encourage creativity and provide you with ownership, then Blaze wants to hear from you. If this sounds like the sort of journey you want to a part of, then please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org! We are very much looking forward to hearing from you.
Apply for job